|How to apply?
This Embassy accepts applications from individuals residing in Canada requesting a police certificate (or criminal record clearance) on behalf of Afghan nationals who may or may not be residing in Afghanistan at the time of application.
Police certificates are issued based on information provided to the Embassy by the Afghan National Police (ANP) authorities in Afghanistan, and takes approximately one month to be processed.
Applications for police certificate can be made either in in-person or by post. Applications must contain identity documents for the applicants as well as the individuals whose criminal record clearance is requested.
Checklist of requirements
All applicants, whether applying by post or in person, must submit the following items as part of their application:
- Police Certificate Request Form – fully completed and signed.
- Photocopy of document verifying your legal status in Canada, such as passport, PR card, etc.
- Photocopy of document indicating your relationship with the person whose police record is requested.
- Good quality photocopy of Tazkira for the person whose police record is requested.
- Documents verifying your current address, such as driving license, utility bills or similar documents.
- Police certificate processing fee (CAD 70). See below for payment method.
- One standard passport size photo (photo must be freshly taken, taken directly off the face and show both ears with a light background)
- Return postage cost (CAD 20) in addition to processing fee. Applicants can choose to provide a registered, self-addressed return envelop instead of paying the postage cost. [Index]
Processing fee(All charges are in CAD)
(Including bank and admin charges)
| Police Ceritificate
(If applicable-alternatively enclose a pre-paid, self-addressed envelop)
| CAD 20
|Fast Track Service
|| CAD 30
- All consular charges are ONLY payable in CAD. Payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
- All consular charges must be paid by BANK CHEQUE (certified cheque) or MONEY ORDER made payable to ‘The Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa’. Payment by cash, personal cheques or bank transfer will not be accepted.
- In case of multiple requests, or payment of return postal charges, a single money order or certified bank cheque, covering the total amount due, may be submitted.
- Money order or bank cheque must be submitted together with completed application form.
Embassy address and opening hours
The opening hours of the Embassy’s Consular Section are as follows:
Monday through Friday from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm.
The Consular Section is closed outside these hours as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
Postal applications must be sent by REGISTERED MAIL to the Embassy’s address below.
Embassy of Afghanistan in Ottawa
240 Argyle Avenue
Ottawa, ON K2P 1B9
View Embassy Address on the Map
The Embassy will not take any responsibility for loss of documents which are not sent as registered mail.
Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consular Section. Applications that are incomplete and/or are missing necessary documentation will not be processed.
All original documents submitted as part of application for certificate of birth/identity/nationality will be returned to the applicant after the due process. [Index]